Update added by user Aug 06, 2016
By working with my bank, I was able to reverse the charge 100% and get my card replaced due to the fraud committed my HM.
Update added by user Jul 11, 2016
After calling the phone number listed in my bank's account activity for this charge, I was able to contact the customer service department directly.I politely requested a refund based on the fact that the website used deceptive practices to get me to purchase a paid membership.
The representative was polite and said she would have to speak with her supervisor. A few moments later I was given a full refund and a confirmation number.
Of course I'll have to wait 10 - 15 days for the credit to appear on my account.I'll update you when that happens, believe me!
Original review posted by user Jul 07, 2016
Dear HornyMatches.com staff,
After several days of perusing your website and seeing what seemed to be tens of thousands of active users showing as being “ONLINE” and receiving a few winks and being “Hotlisted” by a few female members indicating there was some interest in my profile from the opposite sex, I purchased a “Gold” membership in the hopes of being able to connect with some of these individuals and see where things led from there.
Since making my purchase, the only contact I’ve had from a real individual was a “Gold” member who turned out to be a webcam girl who was trying to lure me to her cam site. Needless to say I didn’t ***.
After sending out dozens of emails to other “ONLINE” members, Gold, Silver, Standard or whatever, including replies to members who emailed me previously, I have received a total of ZERO replies once I purchased this membership. From my experience with your site and upon reading about the experiences of other former members (something I deeply regret not doing before) I realized that my experience is not unique by any means and that this deliberate, misleading and deceptive practice has been going on for YEARS!
Here is what I’ve discovered:
1) An overwhelming majority of the seemingly active female profiles on this site are either:
a. False Profiles created by those running the HornyMatches.com site
b. Terminated Accounts
c. Abandoned Accounts
2) HornyMatches.com has knowingly and willfully committed FRAUD using DECEPTIVE PRACTICES to lure in paying customers. The site seemingly lists every profile ever created (many of them several years old) to falsely give the impression to potential buyers that there are many, many people to meet there. Even terminated accounts show as “Under Review” in search listings!
3) HornyMatches.com FRAUDULENTLY reports the number of “ONLINE” members on the home page.
a. Currently it reads 37,159 people online.
b. The percentage of paying “Gold” members displayed as “ONLINE” at any one time is shockingly low considering the amount of money it costs for such a membership!
c. Very few of those “Gold” members showing as being “ONLINE” are local to my vicinity, despite the large number of registered “Gold” members displayed in your search listings!
d. The percentage of “Standard” members displayed as being “ONLINE” is quite high. Conveniently these members can’t respond directly to emails from paying members.
e. Other members have mentioned (off-handedly) that their profile often shows them as being “ONLINE” when clearly they are not.
4) HornyMatches.com uses enticing FRAUDULENT EMAILS, “WINKS” and “HOTLIST” NOTIFICATIONS from fake “Gold” member accounts created by those running the site to lure potential customers into buying a membership because conveniently for HornyMatches.com “Standard” members are unable to reply directly to emails from paying members.
In light of this, I am hereby DEMANDING an IMMEDIATE FULL REFUND of ALL MONIES I paid in good faith to HornyMatches.com for my 4 month “Gold” membership. I WILL NOT ACCEPT A PARTIAL REFUND or a downgraded contract length. Your company willfully and intentionally DEFRAUDED me and I will accept NOTHING LESS than a FULL REFUND!
If my “Gold” membership is not refunded immediately, I will be forced to file a FORMAL COMPLAINT to the DALLAS COUNTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY’S OFFICE, the STATE OF TEXAS ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE and the UNITED STATES ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE on the grounds of FRAUDULENT BUSINESS PRACTICES and INTERNET FRAUD.
Thank you for your attention,
A sincerely UNHAPPY CUSTOMER,
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Privacy and Data Security|
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Deceptive and fraudulent practices
- Reason of review:
- Not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Gold Membership
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "On Saturday, August 6, 2016, Google ganged up on me and Closed /Blocked my Very First Gmail Account which was called: [HOWARDPAULSHORE @GMAIL.COM] without Providing Me With A Legitimate, nor Honest..."
- "800notes.com has not been honest with everyone. It has come to our attention that they have a hidden, private section buried within their normal forum which is used to spy..."
- "I'm amazed at how much effort those 800notes.com Mods put into trying to "counter act" a review made by someone who had a poor experience there. They act just the..."
- "NOW OUT OF BUSINESS AND HAS FILED BANKRUPTCY TO GET OUT OF ANY PAYMENTS OR STUFF HE STOLE FROM CUSTOMER VEHICLES. THIS MAN IS A SCAM ARTIST, A CHEAT AND..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "These people sold a vehicle that didn't make it 13 miles and they offer to pay for a tow after I paid them 1252 in cash!!! These people are unethical..."
- "Came in for dinner. No bread. Wanted soup no bread. Poor service dirty tables and a manager who is oblivious. ..."
- "Just found a large worm in my rice at the Panda Express in Bedford, Tx. Gross!!! 10/29/15..."